ARC Review: We Could Be So Good by Cat Sebastian

We Could Be So Good We Could Be So Good by Cat Sebastian
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars

I loved this book so much. It balanced a mostly vibes and very soft romance with just enough historical accuracy to give it an edge. It is also an incredibly timely book considering it's about the news and queer people existing and finding their communities in the 1950s and while a lot has changed for the better we are also regressing so it was nice to read something so sweet and happy and hopeful despite all the things working against them.

As for the romance, the caretaking was an absolute delight with the grumpy one, Nick, being so soft for the sunshine one, Andy, and making him soup and keeping track of his keys and doing anything at all Andy needed him to.

And yet again Cat gave me urban planning as a treat because it had just enough dumping on Robert Moses and all the crap he did to the city to entertain me but mostly focused on the neighborhoods and people of mid-century new york.

Overall, a delightful and compelling book.

Note: the comps in the blurb are total nonsense so ignore them if a comparison to "Colleen Hoover" is a bad thing to you lol

I received an ARC copy of this book from the author in exchange for nothing - I am reviewing it of my own volition. All opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game