Review: Heart of the Mummy by JD Sampson

Heart of the Mummy Heart of the Mummy by J.D. Sampson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

• Well, I thought there'd be a lot more haunting and mummy presence than there was

• The foot fetish thing was not appreciated - I like to be warned about kinks like this rather than just suddenly foot

• hilarious that Tarantino got name dropped tho

• There was a lot of time spent on Eli and the history of the studio and it's construction etc, and it took over the book

• I didn't feel the romance at all, no connection for me between the characters

• There was no real sense of priority in the plot - what matters? Everything is given the same level of attention

• Lots of plot lines, no real development: there's an evil family, some Tragic Past(???), um.....man I don't even know. There's a lot of stuff and it is left hanging (presumably this will continue in the series?)

• On the whole I could follow the plot line, as it was fairly straightforward...but sometimes, things made absolutely no sense page to page. Just paragraphs where I was ?????

Overall, this was lacking focus - it focused on everything and left what could/should have been the main plot kind of chopped up and as an afterthought.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game