Review: Death's Bloom by Lily Mayne (Monsters & Mayhem)

Death's Bloom Death's Bloom by Lily Mayne
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF at 53%

I guess I'm probably an outlier on this one! I have only read one other book by this author - Soul Eater - so it's entirely possible this is a case of writing-taste mismatch. No idea. Maybe if you're already a fan this will work better?

• In general, I thought this was just super boring. Zero horror, definitely zero darkness.

• Most of the time is taken up describing random daily tasks.

• The characters were very flat, like cardboard. The severe case of instalove didn't help.

• I skimmed the sex scenes because I didn't feel any chemistry between them, so I didn't feel like reading the extended fucking.

• There's a few attempts at being spooky demon cow man, and a little uptick in spoop around the time I quit, but even those were pretty uninteresting to me.

Overall, this was just not interesting to me, and was distinctly lacking in horror vibes. A real bummer.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game