Review: Speak and Obey by Ki Brightly and MD Gregory (Virtuous Sinners)

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This was a pretty solid entry for the series theme. I liked having the dual killers arc, with one more in control than the other through experience. They had excellent possessiveness as well, plus a love of pain that worked super well with their personalities.

There was a weird scene in the middle that I think was just a massive cameo of couples, because they never showed up again and I have no idea who they were. That was a bit annoying.

It dragged a little for me in the middle area, but not too terribly. I have some trouble connecting with the writing this duo does, so I think that one may be on me and ymmv. I did very much enjoy the first half especially.
“Because it’s family, Master. I’m part of triplets. My brothers, Beach and Sparrow, aren’t like me. They’re normal.” His lips twitched, and I grinned at him. “I’m the only one with a semi-decent name.” 
Overall, this was definitely one of the better ones in the series so far. It stays dark without getting edgelordy which is also a major plus.

Virtuous Sinners series
I Am God’s Dagger ⭐⭐⭐
Dark Valor ⭐⭐
Day of Judgement ⭐
Speak and Obey ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Moment of Truth (i cannot find this??)
Nightingale - ⭐
Man of Carnage
Pure Silence
The Right Way to Wrong - n/a

Speak and Obey on Amazon

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game