Review: Sightlines by Neve Wilder (Nook Island #1.5)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Everyone else is always trying to play it cool and you’re just you.” 
“Just me,” he said softly. 
“Perfectly you. Do you really think I’m crazy?”

It is totally unfair how Neve Wilder can emotionally compromise me like this.

This novella was a wonderful addition to the Nook Island series(?), following some time after the events of Center of Gravity (talk about an emotionally destructive book! gah). It was less angsty and grief heavy than Center of Gravity, but still had an undeniable emotional pull.
But as I walked through the rooms and down the halls, flipping on lights and inhaling the sea air that seemed to saturate even the walls, all I felt was the same soft, comforting warmth that had always been present, and I wondered why I’d waited so long.
I loved the flirting and connection and conversations between Liam and Brooks. They had such an amusing banter going on throughout their interactions. The side characters, once again, were wonderfully distinct without taking over the story, they helped support Liam and Brooks' romance.

“Honey, that boy has so much star shine in his eyes, I could polish my floor with it.” 

This novella is just chock full of hope and growth and emotion, and overall just warm fuzzy feelings. Neve Wilder is an incredible writer, and I hope maybe someday she'll continue on Nook Island.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game