Review: Alpha's Oath by Claire Cullen

Alpha's Oath Alpha's Oath by Claire Cullen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book for a challenge to read something with your top three tropes which for me were "mpreg", "small town romance", and "stranded on a deserted island", and you know what? This book kind of had all three. (the small town romance is a bit of a stretch since it's more isolated kingdom under attack but hey you try finding something with all three of these tropes!!!! and if you do let me know because I wanna read it immediately).

Anyway, definitely a 3 star read. My biggest issue was how the book wasn't very long but had a thousand different plots in it. The desert island was its own thing, then the marriage of convenience (another trope!), then the mpreg, then the secret magic reveal, then the save the kingdom with said secret magic, etc etc etc. All these plots got in the way of me trying to have a no thoughts head empty kind of read which is really all it is.

Most of the stars I am knocking off are because one of the main characters, Thorne, can apparently shift into multiple things but a) it's never explained how b) there is no list of options given we only learn about a wolf and a tiger form and c) i wanna know way more about this! multiple shifter forms??? And it disappointingly led to nothing. :(



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game