Review: Whit by Cora Rose (Unexpected #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was really adorable!

I loved Caleb - such a total himbo. He was so needy and cute and just a dingdong and it made it such a fun read. He was just so sweetly dense. I liked that he had a supportive and helpful family without them being obnoxiously overinvolved.

He raises an eyebrow, and I feel myself blush slightly. God, this guy makes me feel like a fool for just existing.

Whit was great too - him getting adopted by Whits family so easily was very sweet.

The writing was pretty choppy at the beginning, but it did smooth out later. It did also get a little sex heavy later on, which left it a little imbalanced and I would have liked more focus on emotion but it was still a good read.

I think this is one of those books where it could have stayed single POV and done just fine - I felt like I was getting to know Whit through Caleb's POV very well, and the occasional Whit POV felt a little out of place. That's also personal preference to be fair. But this is definitely one where the author can pull off a single POV.

Is this how I look with Whit? Am I this pathetic? Yes, yes. I think I am.

Overall, this was unexpectedly enjoyable - just so sweet and easy to read and funny. Looking forward to the rest of the series, especially having met Sem and Magnus in this one!


Whit on Amazon

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game