Review: The High King's Golden Tongue by Megan Derr (Tales of the High Court #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Horse rating: 🐴🐴.5 of 5 horses

An entertaining high fantasy read with a romance (subplot? plot?).

The world building was very well done - detailed and rich. I enjoyed the main characters and the more critical secondary characters a lot, with their distinct personalities.

There were too many other characters for me to handle though. Especially combined with locations and titles, I got lost pretty quick. I fuzzed out like 90% early on because I assumed they were there for color (showing how adept Allen is) but then some came back and I was ?? ...well whatever, I enjoyed it anyway.

It was less political intrigue and more political maneuvering at times. Which is fine, it was a fun read.

Overall, it was a well written book with an engaging story and sweet romance.

The High King's Golden Tongue on Amazon

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game