the kevin's Weekly Roundup: Week of May 14 - May 20

A pretty solid week!

Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing and Cry Wolf by Charlie Adhara 4/5 both?

Books 4 and 5 in the Big Bad Wolf set. I’d paused the series after the third for a while, but the new spinoff series is coming out so I decided to finish it. Very enjoyable! I think the fourth is my favorite.

Of Dragons, Feasts, and Murders and Of Charms, Ghosts and Grievances by Aliette de Bodard 4/5 both

I haven’t read the original trilogy that this is spun off of, but I enjoyed these anyway. The first I bought, the second was an ARC. mild romance, established (sort of?) relationship (was an arranged marriage I guess?) plus some great intrigue. I didn’t have trouble following this having not read the earlier series. Though I do want to double back!!

Redemption of a Slave by Laura Taylor Kindle Unlimited 4/5

A historical sort of dystopian omega verse. I enjoyed this a lot actually, it grew on me over the read. More interpersonal plot line, built into the world dynamics and such. Really neat omega verse biology too.

Machine Metal Magic by Hanna Dare Kindle Unlimited 3/5

A nice little sci-fi story. Not super heavy sci-fi world building, but it was a great setting. Some very fun secondary characters, and I liked Jaime the one MC. The other MC was …idk flat? it was weird. considering how much better the other characters all were. Made the romance fall flat too. I’ll continue the series eventually though.

Soul Mate for Sale by Kian Rhodes Kindle Unlimited 2/5

just sort of…a book. meh. no real depth. mildly entertaining.

Under His …Shorts by Adara Wolf Kindle Unlimited 5/5

A collection of short stories and flash fiction from the Under His Heel universe. Such a fun way to cap off the series! I loved seeing more from all the characters.

Always You by Nell Iris Kindle Unlimited 2.5/5

cute but odd read with some strange writing decisions. pretty rapid romance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game