Review: Redemption of a Slave by Laura Taylor (Lost and Found #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Horse rating: 🐴🐴🐴🐴 of 5 horses

This really grew on me the more I read.

I appreciated that the horrible experiences of Dante were not super long in length (doesn't make it better really) so that his healing process felt more natural, rather than like magic dick or something. He still had a long path to go and many traumas, but it wasn't overloaded.

I enjoyed the slow growth of their relationship throughout the book - so slow it kind of crept up on me. So well done! And very sweet as they built a rapport and a romance overall.

This had a fascinating historical aspect - it was more interpersonal, with the alpha-beta-omega dynamics being more servant/master. Belowstairs drama, jostling for position, it reminded me a bit of Downton Abbey. Like a tiny bit. Idk that's my only reference point.

Great tension throughout the book despite the self-contained plot line - no massive external things.

I loved the biology in this book - so well thought out, and it wasn't introduced overwhelmingly! Only when relevant. Rarely do authors put this much thought into omegaverse dynamics, and this had a particularly fascinating spin.

It could have used less ellipses at times.

The world dynamics - 1800s dystopian omegaverse essentially - I'd love to see more of. There was some movement towards addressing some of that, and I'm definitely curious to see how it plays out in the next book.

Overall, a captivating read that really grew on me over the course of the story. Definitely recommend to fans of semi-dystopian omegaverse.

Redemption of a Slave on Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game