Review: Where the Devil Says Goodnight by KA Merikan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Horse rating: 🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴 of 7 horses

"The devil wouldn’t let him go, and Emil would enjoy the sin."
This was a bonkers, gorgeous, captivating, spooky read.

I loved the folklore, the setting, the …everything.

Merikan is already phenomenal at descriptions and vivid imagery, but they really outdid themselves in this book. Some of the most creative wording I've ever had the pleasure of reading:

"His mouth watered, and he knew that if he bit in, he’d taste roast pork with apricots and nuts, covered by the most divine crunchy skin."

Truly a gay bbq.

Especially with the way it all tied in together…! There were tie ins I could see, and then ones I didn’t even know I missed until I’d finished the book.

Despite involving a Catholic priest, this doesn’t feature heavily on the religious side. It’s more about folklore and superstition, so there’s no off putting modern religion presence. The overall vibes are Old Country and wow, what a vibe. Not that I really know what I’m talking about, but the contrast of rigid religion and primal folklore…so good.

The ending. I could never have seen that coming, or how the HEA is pulled off, but it works so well. I cannot recommend this book enough if you're looking for a wild ride and a beautiful, emotional story!

Where the Devil Says Goodnight on Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erratic's Christmas Romance Book Round-Up 2023 Edition

Interview With Rachel Reid - Famous Author of TIME TO SHINE

Interview with Rachel Reid, author of Heated Rivalry and The Long Game